White Collar Crime
White collar crime and other financial regulation crimes have become more commonplace within the Irish Criminal Justice system. These types of cases are usually very complex and far-reaching, affecting all parts of society.
This increase is primarily due to the fallout from the international financial crisis in 2008 and the significant impact this has had on the economy. The business world now faces more stringent regulation governing their day to day commercial actions. Such cases often involve investigations and enquiries in multiple jurisdictions and across different legal specialities. At Stephen O'Mahony Solicitors we are well equipped to give expert advice on any criminal prosecutions that you or your company may face. In conjunction with our own expert advice, we can arrange for the instruction of specialist Barristers, with whom we’ve collaborated with for many years, to represent your position in court. The successful handling of investigations and prosecutions requires prompt action together with expert knowledge across a number of legal disciplines.
We are in a position to advice clients facing investigations from;
• The Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB)
• The Central Bank
• The Data Protection Commissioner (DPC)
• The Competition Authority
• Health & Safety Authority
• Financial Services Ombudsman
• The Revenue Commissioners and Customs & Excise authorities
• The Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigations (GBFI)
• Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE)
• The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
• Investigations under Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010
• Investigations under Criminal Justice Act 2011
Stephen O'Mahony Solicitors provide an out of hours advice service where we are available 24/7 to advise in emergency situations. We are also available to attend at Garda Stations outside normal office hours. A criminal investigation can cause serious reputational damage and we strive to provide clear and concise advice from the outset until the conclusion of proceedings in a cost effective manner.